Saturday, April 05, 2008

Okay, so this picture does not even come close to displaying the badness of my boys (well boy, really...Joshua just goes along with whatever is happening...be it good or bad). I have a set of those colored toy bins in each of the kids' rooms...you know them...they have 12 plastic colored bins. I like to keep the kids' toys somewhat organized, so they can find what they want to play with without having to search too hard. The boys dumped out every single toy from the bins THREE times this week, just for the sake of making a mess. The last time I helped them clean them up, I warned them that the next time it happened, I was going to pick every single toy up off the floor, put it in a garbage bag and then keep them for myself. Well, last night, when they were supposed to be sleeping, I heard the extreme badness going on up there. FIRST, they opened up their drawers and threw out all of their clothes onto the floor. We told them to stop and go to bed. THEN, they DUMPED the toys AGAIN!!! I told them that in the morning I was coming in with a garbage bag, unless they picked them all up. Needless to say, they didn't pick them up.
The camera battery died, but this picture shows a small magnitude of the mess. AND, notice how the boys don't have blinds anymore...that's because destructor boy Noah TORE them (they weren't blinds really, but papery type window covers). Why, I ask you are boys so destructive...and I don't want to hear if your boy isn't...I like living in my fantasy world that all little boys are just as naughty as mine!! I need some suggestions. I told the boys they can earn their toys back...what's a good way to do that?? (I am really tempted to throw them all away!!!)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Hmmm....maybe you should make them do things to earn them back gradually...cleaning baseboards and walls is a good thing for them to do...just give them lysol wipes!

Memory said...

Oh, so funny! Not funny ha ha, but funny amusing. Of course, I wouldn't be laughing one bit if it was happening at my house. I feel for you. Actually, our living room looks like all of our toy bins threw up in there. As for earning back, I would definitely drag it out for at least a week with lots of jobs. Love the baseboard/wall idea. :-)

Danielle said...

oh my goodness. having a nervous breakdown....hahaha.

Pricilla said...

I think the purpose of life for boys is to drive you insane with that kind of stuff. This is the world I live in all the time. Good luck, all I can say is I understand.

heidi nielsen said...

Austin just tips the whole thing over when he get "angry" because I put him in his room. We keep a box of toys (new and confiscated)in our closet as bribery for little things. They can earn them back one at a time for being good =).