Thursday, September 11, 2008

The weather in Portland has been amazing lately! We had a day up near 90 degrees today! After picking Arwen up from school, we got some lunch and brought it to eat at the zoo. We have been wanting to go ever since the new baby elephant was born! We were so excited to see it! After standing in line for 20 minutes and getting lectured over and OVER again about how we needed to be quiet...and no flash photography...we were very excited when it was our turn! The baby is sooooo cute! The kids loved it! As I was trying to take a picture, Josh and Noah slipped under the tape that I guess was to keep us away from the glass so we wouldn't knock on it. They weren't touching the glass, they just wanted to be close so they could actually see since they are so little. One of the zoo ladies came over real quick and demanded they get back. Noe immediately did and before I could quietly help Josh back the lady told him to move again and tried to move him herself. Josh became his defiant little 2 year old self and told her, "NO!" She started to argue with him...yeah,who argues with a 2 year old?? I politely told her that I would get him and then had to drag him out of there before he started a tantrum. I think she felt dumb at this point was like, "But you haven't even seen the elephant. Why don't you come back and look?" Duh! Because my 2 year old will scream and scare your elephant! So, no pictures, but we had lots of fun. I got some cute pictures of Larkin!Here she is munching on her french fry...you know, the lunch of champions!
I loved this one...she likes how the grass is tickling her toes.
So contemplative...
Larkin is the sweetest, cutest baby ever!

5 comments:

Grandma Carrot said...

Remember the baby elephant at the Syracuse, NY Zoo? We even have pictures of it. I hope the kidlets got at least a small glimce of it. Too bad about the pictures but I happen to love the ones of Larkin better anyway. Love her outfit (especially the headband) I still like feeling the grass between my toes. How cute!

Amber and The Boys said...

Dallen loves french fries too! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so patient with people. I probably would have thrown a temper tantrum at the zoo lady but hopefully it's the pregnancy hormones talking...Or maybe she would have just made me cry. Who can ever tell?
-Wendy

Meghan said...

Those pictures of larkin are so darn cute!

Bethany said...

Pretty, pretty Princess!