Monday, June 16, 2008

I just had to post this...it cracked me up! I took the kids to Costco this morning to get diapers. I told the kids they could have hot dog for lunch if they behaved themselves. (yeah...I should really stop saying that, because, honestly, do they ever really behave themselves??) Anyways, Noah started screaming at Arwen on the way there and I asked him to stop. He didn't. So, I told him he didn't get a hot dog at Costco...and I was really going to go through with it and give him leftovers when we got home. He screamed harder. In between wails, he said, "If I don't eat food, I won't be healthy." "Yup, you're right," I said. Then he yelled, "Without food, I will die." "True," I said. Then he said, "Jesus will destroy you if you are naughty, Mom." Well...during scripture time and FHE we have discussed how Jesus loves EVERYBODY...even the naughty guys, but that sometimes He will destroy the naughty guys so that they don't hurt the good guys. I guess I got placed in the "naughty guy" category today! Can you imagine if we had this conversation in public..."I will die without food, Mom! Jesus will destroy you!" Holy Cow. Yeah...he got a hot dog.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

hahaha! this is awesome! you held up longer than i would've. Way to go!

Grandma Carrot said...

Okay... I am laughing pretty hard right now. Remember the Evilen conversation? HA!

Pricilla said...

Wow Noah, you really know how to guilt your mom into a hot dog!!! That would make me give in too. It is funny how dramatic kids can be. That is hilarious.

Cheney Family said...

This cracked me up!! Your kids say the funniest things sometimes. I guess he knows how to work his Mom. LOL

Meredith said...

that is funniest thing i have heard this week. thanks for making me laugh out loud.

Meghan said...

Ha ha ha ha, that's awesome