Thursday, May 08, 2008

What a slacker I am!! I have been meaning to tell the cutest story ever...I took Noah to the Dentist last Thursday. I was WORRIED beyond belief. First, because Arwen has had EIGHT cavities since I took her when she was 3 and still feel like the world's worst mother. And second, because ever since Noah had his little thumb cut off, he is a scardy cat of doctors of any sort...hmmmm....go figure. Anyways, we got there and he was scheduled to see my dentist...not the pedidontist they have there, whom I really like. My dentist...pretty much she does a hack job on my mouth every time I have to go and get another tooth fixed (yes, Arwen has inherited my teeth!!). We got there and the hygienist took him to show him the x-ray machine. She said that they have never really been able to get good x-rays of a 3 year olds teeth before, but she likes to show them how they work. Noah asked her if she had treasure chest (he is SOOO envious when Arwen comes home from the dentist with a treasure) and she told him she did. He opened up big and took the two best x-rays she's ever gotten on a 3 year old! Yea Noah! Then she took him back to clean his teeth. She started out by showing him all the tools she would be using. Noah was in HEAVEN. He L-O-V-E-S little sharp things of any sort! He was trying his hardest to grab everything! I was trying hard not to laugh. He about jumped out of the chair when she showed him the water sprayer to rinse his mouth. He kept grabbing for it and saying, "I need to hold that. I need to spray the water." The crazy hygienist let him spray the water. Only, Noah didn't just do a little spray, he sprayed for a long time until she had to swipe it back from him! It was so funny. I was laughing so hard at this point. He had completely taken over the office. The floor was all wet and took lots of paper towels to clean up. Then she wanted to start cleaning his teeth. He had a stain on his bottom teeth and the hygienist told him that this is normal and that moms and dads get this a lot because they drink lots of coffee and tea. Noah got real excited and yelled, "Not my mom and dad. They don't drink tea or coffee." It of course came out more like this because she had her hands in his mouth, "jdfkladfjkldhfkaldhf." He then picked orange flavor for his polish and tried to take that away from her too because it was in a cute little container that sat on your finger like a ring. She kept trying to ignore him and clean his teeth, but he just kept grabbing away! AND, he kept begging her to let him shoot the water in his mouth. Whenever the hygienist would suck the water out, he would keep that straw in his mouth and would not open it up for anything...had to make sure it was dry! After everything was all said and done, Noah took perfect x-rays, soaked the office, tried to steal all of the dangerous sharp dentist tools, got his teeth cleaned, and had NO CAVITIES!! I felt a little bit better about my mom-hood when I heard that! And, I had the best laugh I have had in a while regarding little Noah. The hygienist just kept saying over and over and over to EVERYONE that Noah was the best 3 year old patient she had ever seen in all her years and years of cleaning people's teeth. You can imagine my shock as I am sure quite a few of you are shocked as well! Happy Day! Noah got to choose from her treasure chest and took two instead of the one treasure he was allowed...I guess he figured she owed it to him since she never did let him spray the water in his mouth! This is the grossest picture ever...Noah wrapped his fruit by the foot on his finger to eat it that way! Don't worry...this was the one and ONLY time I will ever buy these things again!

4 comments:

Memory said...

I'm dying!!! What a good laugh I just got. Plus, I AM shocked. Way shocked. What a studly dental patient. Wow! Ha! I really wish I could've been a fly on the wall to witness that one. :-)

Grandma Carrot said...

This is so funny! I wonder if any toy store has fake dental tools for kids. I'll be searching...It would be perfect for his birthday.
You are not a neglecful mom...it just depends on the child. You and Scott take after Dad:( And Kelly takes after me. It's just the genes. Tell Noah how proud I am of him. Going to the dentist is the worst!

Bethany said...

Hooray for Noah! Uncle Matthew will be so proud of you. I wish I could have seen this in person but your telling of it was pretty darn funny. That Noah monster will do anything for treasure!

Anonymous said...

Noah, r u going to be like your grandpa and 2 uncles and be a dentist? Glad u were so good? I don't know - I question how good it is to squirt water all over. FUN though :-)

love grandma Marshmallow