Wednesday, December 15, 2010

 Arwen turns 8 next week!  I can't believe it!  I am the luckiest mom in the world to have her.  She's just amazing!  Arwen is the most obedient little girl I have ever met.  I know anytime I ask her to do something that she will do it without any complaining or arguing.  I think she understands that if she does things with a happy heart...even things that she doesn't want to do, that she will be happy.  I just love her.  She is always dancing around the kitchen...looking silly and singing a song.  She once told me that she made a song up at school and one of her friends told her it was the best song ever and had Arwen write the "lyrics" down for her.  She has a beautiful singing voice.  Arwen is always smiling which makes her big blue eyes light up.  She attracts lots of little kids everywhere she goes because she is so sweet and loving. 
Arwen has finally developed a love of reading.  I wasn't quite sure that she would.  Up until now it has been like pulling teeth to get that kid to read.  But in the last couple of months, she has become more confident in her skills and I always catch her with her nose in a book.  It's great!  I love to hear her giggling in a room by herself and sneak in and find her laughing out loud at whatever predicament Junie B. Jones has gotten herself into this time.  She loves scripture reading in the morning.  She always begs to read everyone's verse's for them.  
 Arwen loves to draw pictures...especially pictures for her friends.  I am constantly finding little cards and notes for her classmates and teachers all over the house.  She writes me little love notes all time...her last treasure she picked out at the Dollar Store was a bunch of cards so she could write special things in them and give them to people.
I love how courageous Arwen is.  She's not afraid to try new things...things that are way out of her comfort zone.  And after she falls down (or fails) the first time, she gets back up and tries again and again until she has mastered it.  She keeps a smile on her face the whole time.  What an amazing example for me!  I just love her to pieces...every little bit of her!  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed Aaron and I with such an amazing little spirit. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The daughter is like her mother - beautiful, loving, kind... you two share that spirit, Sarah. xoxo

Jen said...

I love her too! So excited for her! Give her a squeeze for me! Hey...call if you're cruising through! LOVE YOU!

Grandma Carrot said...

Her parents are certainly examples of all that goodness....She is a jewell!

Unknown said...

She's the best!

aarastas said...

Love these posts Sarah.

Laura said...

Arwen is such an amazing example to her younger siblings, she is adorable, and I love her to DEATH. Whenever I babysit, she is always so helpful, and I just can't stand it!