Thursday, May 14, 2009

Noah found a stick on a walk a few Sunday's ago and got all excited about an idea of what to do with it. I have this box of electronics junk out in the garage, led's, little motors, capacitors, and so forth, that he loves to play with. His idea for his stick was to put a button on it that would allow him to run super fast. He was very insistent that it must say speed. He was so excited to build it I started on it right away. I'd ask him if it looked like it was going well, and he'd say it was as he
tried not to wiggle out of his chair. He was so anxious to try it he could hardly contain himself. When it was done I handed it to him and he flipped the switch and the light when right out of his little face and he looked up at me with utter disappointment. It didn't work.

It just about broke my heart. I let him watch me use the speed stick a few times acting crazy enough to get him laughing and excited again. He got the idea and speed around the house for the rest of the day. Though I had to tune it now and again because sometimes it was just too fast.

4 comments:

Grandma Carrot said...

What a great Dad you are...Really listening to Noah right down to the word, "speed" This was a wonderful son and Dad story.

Mike said...

That is funny.

Amber and The Boys said...

That is so cute and so little boyish. Your kids seem like happy, well cared for kids because they have parents who do fun things like that!

sarah said...

Noe is too silly for me! I can't wait to see how you are going to convince him that he really is flying when you add the fly button! I love and miss you Aaron.